If you just started photography hobby, whether compact size camera, DSLR camera or camera Micro Four Third (MFT) then we need to know some of the parts of and terms that applied on the camera that we use.
On this occasion we start with an explanation of the part of the DSLR camera, but there are some of the same parts in other types of cameras.
* DSLR is a digital single lens reflex, which is a camera with a digital system (using the processor, chip, memory, and technological sophistication in capturing the image) which uses a single lens mounted on the camera body. Reflex mirror inside the camera will go up when you press the shutter button and at the time the image sensor in the camera will record an image.
* Eyepiece = holder to our eyes when look into the viewfinder.
* Viewfinder (viewfinder) = viewfinders pentaprism method (pentagon shape) is placed over the optical path through the lens onto the image sensor plate. Incoming light then reflected upward by mirror (mirror reflection) and about pentaprism. Pentaprism then reflect light several times through the viewfinder (viewfinder). When the shutter button is released, the glass opens the way for the light so that light can directly on the image sensor.
* Image sensors (sensors capture images) = a sensor that is used to process and capture an image contained within a camera. Size there are a variety of sensors, i.e. APS-C sized 15x23mm, 19x29mm APS-H size, and FULL-FRAME 24x36mm (equal to the large size of the movie).
* Flash = flash is usually used to help us in taking pictures in the dark.
* Hotshoe (flash external holder) = a holder for an external flash that is usually located in the middle of the camera body.
* Lens (lens) = a lens mount that is embedded in the camera body (lens body can be removed and replaced) that serves to light up focus capable captured by the image sensor. On the outside of the lens usually there are three rings, namely ring focal length (for variable type lenses), aperture ring and focus ring.
* Lens hood = an extra on the lens to reduce excess light, the impact of flares and a protective front surface of the lens, and also as an addition to the display lens to look more frightening. * Remember: the use of hood that does not comply with a series of lenses will cause vignetting (vignetting = black spots on the sides of the tip of the picture).
* LCD monitor (LCD display) = to see the image and monitor modes that we use to take pictures.
* Focus points = if you look into the viewfinder, then you will see a small dots scattered (the number of points depending on the type and model of camera), at which point the focus is to help you find focus images would be taken.