The Amazing Nikon Coolpix S1000pj
Introducing the unique Nikon Coolpix S1000pj, the world’s first and currently the only digital camera with a built-in projector. It is a handsome ultra compact digital camera that easily slips into a Jeans pocket or a small fashion purse. Packing the pleasure of a personal go-anywhere theater into a stylish compact enclosure, the COOLPIX S1000pj delivers a fun new way to share pictures with friends and family in most any location. Handling is good and the controls and menu are intuitive to use. It produces average to good image quality. Besides its unique projector, the Coolpix S1000pj has the usual digital camera affair:
• A variety of slideshow effects enhance the fun of the built-in projector
• Five advanced image stabilizing features include ISO 6400, Lens shift VR image stabilization, Electronic VR image stabilization, Motion Detection, and Best Shot Selector
• 12.1 effective megapixels for high-resolution images
• 5x zoom NIKKOR lens
• 2.7-in. high-resolution LCD monitor
• Smart Portrait System with Skin Softening
• Scene Auto Selector provides quick, carefree picture-taking in a variety of situations
• Subject Tracking for automatic tracking
• Quick Retouch for the best balance of contrast and saturation
• D-Lighting adds detail and optimizes exposure to rescue underexposed images
The Nikon Coolpix S1000pj comes with a paltry 36 MB of built-in memory. Unless you usually don’t take more than 10 pictures in a single outing, you would want to use a memory card with the camera. The Coolpix S1000pj takes SD/SDHC cards and a good place to start would be around 2 to 4 GB. As with many of Nikon’s past Coolpix models, I didn’t notice a sizable speed boost when using a ‘high-speed’ card with the camera so if you like, opt to save a few bucks by getting a ‘standard’ card.
The Nikon Coolpix S1000pj is one of the larger cameras in its class thanks to the additional projector component. Thankfully, it’s still small enough to fit into most pockets (though you will certainly feel the presence of the camera). The Nikon Coolpix S1000pj comes with an above average bundle, which includes two things you typically won’t find in your typical digital camera box: a projector stand and wireless remote control.
Nikon S1000pj User Profile • Desire a 12MP resolution digital camera with average to good image quality. • Want Image Stabilization to prevent blurred pictures due to camera shake. • Want an easy-to-use point-and-shoot digital camera. • Desire a bit more exposure control when facing challenging lighting situations. • Want a compact, carry-anywhere elegant camera. • Want the fun factor of a built-in projector!
The Nikon Coolpix S1000pj is well designed and intuitive to operate so anyone can use it. The beginner will appreciate the point-and-shoot ease of use as well as the practical features that help obtain well-exposed pictures in challenging situations.
More information please visit: http://dpinterface.com/camera-review http://imaging.nikon.com and
http://www.photoxels.com and http://fixonic.wordpress.com/2009/08/05/